Guatemala UMVIM Medical Mission Trip July 6-16, 2018
The United Methodist Church of Walnut Creek is planning a return medical support trip to Guatemala. This will be a multi-church mission trip.
- Project site location is Mazatenango, Guatemala
- Team focus: Medical with non-medical support, community involvement, education
You do not need to have a medical background for this trip, but we do need some volunteers with medical knowledge or experience.
Our Host Organization- Fundacion Herencia Viva: A non-profit Guatemalan Foundation that aims to help impoverished families in the rural and urban areas of western Guatemala. Their main working areas include:
- Health, education in common diseases, dental care, and preventative health care, importance of clean water and hygiene
- Education, with scholarship programs to keep children in school
- Environment, improving living conditions and surroundings
- Small Business Development, providing tools to sustain families in the communities
- Infrastructure, improvements in public schools, community buildings and gathering places. Promoting clean water filtration, and running water projects, more sanitary public toilets, and improved stoves for home use. Each village is encouraged to form their own committees in charge of each of these areas, with women heading each of the committees.
Cost estimate is $1800 including airfare. There will be time available for sightseeing. For more information or travel details, please contact Paul Kuelz at (925) 831-3128 or firstname.lastname@example.org