Our confirmation class wrote New Year’s blessings to share with you and the community. Part of learning about faith means learning how to share our faith. We hope you find some peace and blessings in these words and the others that will be shared throughout the week.
(1) Lulu: Resolutions are not that important because you should be able to set a goal during anytime of the year. What is most important going into a new year is believing in yourself and have hope for other even during a hard time.
(2) Elise: We are all growing and changing– and that’s a good thing. It’s okay if you don’t stick to your New Year’s resolution, or don’t have one at all. I hope that this year is a great year for you. But if it’s not, that’s okay too. It’s perfectly fine if this year is terrible. Just do your best to make the most of it, even if that’s just getting through this year. May 2021 be a year of change and growth for all.
(3) Jason: Resolutions in general are a good idea but they are almost never executed properly, and coming up with one on New Year’s day specifically is silly because it is just like any day. People oftentimes do not have the will to change something especially a big thing like New Year’s resolutions. It’s important to remember to be your best, but also happiest self, if that includes changing something go for it but it is not always necessary or right.
(4) Amanda: Resolutions are not important because they are things you can do anytime of the year. It is important to remember that you are able to achieve anything you want no matter circumstance.
(5) JT : I believe that resolutions are important because it gives you a goal to reach by the end of the year. This is a healthy mindset to take to life because if you were to take the opposite position on life then it would result in unhealthy habits and mindsets. The important thing to remember in the new year is that despite you still being yourself it is a time to reflect on the years prior.
(6) Ellie: Personally, I don’t think resolutions aren’t super important to me but they can be very important to some people, because they find it very helpful to have something to live up to.
(7) Austin: Resolutions are not always import, you only need a way to track your progress and move forward in the right direction. Some people may need them to keep them upright but some can handle it themselves. The important thing is to find the place you belong.
After writing and sharing, we always talk about how even if we don’t mention God specifically in a blessing, the intention and introspection are a form of prayerful conversation with God, and sharing the blessing with others is a way of sharing our faith with others. It’s been a lot of fun to explore “blessings” with the youth as a form of prayer since bowing their heads and folding their hands always their thing!