Childhood is a time of wonder, exploration and discovery. Our Children & Families group ministry serves children from infants to 5th grade. Through this time of great discovery, your children and family will form a faith foundation and grow in relationship with God, all while making friends and sacred connections with one another. We hold Vacation Bible School each summer, as well as fellowship and service events for children and their families throughout the year.
For more information about our Children and Family Ministries program, contact Laura Roy, Director of Family Ministries, email Laura.
Children’s Ministry News and Events
Sunday School for Children, 9:00 and 10:30 am Sunday Morning
The Children’s Sunday school at SRVUMC operates on three basic principles:
- God love us, unconditionally & nothing can separate us from God’s love
- God holds us in the palm of his hand & he’s with us at all times
- By learning about God’s story, we learn the unique role we play in bringing the story to life
Sunday Morning Schedule –
- Childcare is offered during both worship services on Sunday mornings in the Tot Spot from 8:45 – 11:45 am. A simple Bible story and project are taught a both hours.
- 9:00 am Service: TK – 2nd grades start in Worship and then go to class upstairs of the Children’s Building in Otterbein. 3rd -5th Grades start in Worship and then go to class in Wesley Center upstairs in Room 203.
- 10:30 am Service: K-5 Grades go directly to class upstairs in Otterbien.
Children’s Music Program
Children explore singing, playing musical games and playing instruments as part of our Children’s Music program. The children’s choir welcomes new members throughout the year.
- Agape Children’s Choir – Prek – 5th Grades. Rehearsal on Sundays, 10 – 10:30 am, in Judson. Sing one Sunday of each month during the 9:00 a.m. service. Sing at the All Choir Christmas Concert performed each December and other special occasions. Director: Beth McClellend, email Beth at firstname.lastname@example.org
Service Opportunities for Children & Families
- Acolytes – At our 9:00 a.m. service, Acolytes are responsible for bringing the Light of Christ into worship and carrying the Light back out into the world at the end. They also assist with the offering and occasionally baptism. Open to 2nd through 6th grades. Acolyte training is held in the fall.
United Methodist Preschool
Learn more about our United Methodist Preschool, located on our church campus, at www.unitedmethodistpreschool.org.