Have you ever found yourself humming a tune you heard in worship several days into your new week? Or racing home to look up the text of a poem that resonated with your soul? That’s a sign that the spirit moved you through the joy of music and inspiration of the spoken word. Music in worship is a way of declaring our devotion and love to God. It sets the mood. It inspires us to clap along or shed tears of joy in response. Words shape our understanding, and can open our minds and hearts to new possibilities. SRVUMC offers choirs and instrumental ensembles for all ages. In addition, we offer special music camps and other musical offerings throughout the year, which provide a rich diversity of expressions and experiences. Our Media and Worship Design Teams create, coordinate and facilitate unforgettable worship services that will stick with you through the week.
Adult Music Program
We are blessed with the gifts of two adult choirs – one singing traditional music and the other singing more contemporary numbers. The Chancel Choir sings a variety of wonderful and sacred choral literature, hymns, anthems and spirituals, along with the beautiful accompaniment by Nadia Blank-Koliha. Our Living Water Ensemble bring a more contemporary style of music to worship, and features vocalists and a 4-piece band. Both choirs join together on occasion during the 10:45 am service, and they are part of the All Choir Christmas Concert each December. Our Carillon Handbell is privileged to possess a 5-octave set of Schulmerich handbells and a 5-octave set of Malmark handchimes, all of which have been donated by various church members. Join us! New members are welcome throughout the year and especially in the months leading up to the Christmas season.
- Chancel Choir – Sings during 9 & 10:45 am worship services and several holy days and at special services
- Director – Bruce Koliha, email Bruce
- Rehearsal – Thursdays, 7:30 – 9 pm in the Wesley Music Room
- Living Water Ensemble – Sing & leads music during the 10:45 am Non-traditional worship service
- Director – Greg Zema, email Greg
- Rehearsal – Thursdays, 6:15 – 7:30 pm in the Wesley Music Room
- Carillon Handbell Choir – Rings at select services throughout the year and during Christmas
Children’s Music Program
Children love to sing and they bring such joy and enthusiasm to our worship services. Our children explore singing, playing musical games and playing instruments as part of our Children’s Music program. Choir participation is free, and a great way for your children to show their appreciation for God. We love to have all levels of musical abilities and welcome new members throughout the year! Contact the choir’s director to learn more.
- Children’s Choir – Prek – 5th GradesRehearsal on Sundays, 10 – 10:30 am, in JudsonSing the 4th Sunday of each month during the 9am serviceSing at the All Choir Christmas Concert performed each December and other special occasions.
Director: Beth McClelland, email Beth
Youth Music Program
The Youth Choir sings contemporary praise and secular songs which contribute to a celebratory and memorable worship experience. For youth in grades 6-12, this is a fun choir featuring contemporary music and the choir sings in parts with the Living Water Ensemble. Often times in worship, this choir sings with the vocalists and 4-instrument Living Water Ensemble. Members of this choir also sing solos or small group numbers as part of the 10:45 am worship service. The Bros Bells handbell choir rings several times during the year and as part of the Christmas Concert.
- Youth Choir – Sing the 2nd Sunday of each month, during the 10:45 am service
- Director: Teri Hawk, email Teri
- Rehearsal – Sundays, 3 – 4 pm in the Wesley Music Room
- Sing in the All Choir Christmas Concert each December
- Bros and Bells Handbell Choir – Grades 6-12 boys and girls
- Director – Winnie Stribling, email Winnie
- Rehearsal – Wednesday from 5:15-6pm
- Ring in the All Choir Christmas Concert each December and select times during the year