Childhood is a time of wonder, exploration and discovery. Our Children & Families group ministry serves children from infants to 5th grade. Through this time of great discovery, your children and family will form a faith foundation and grow in relationship with God, all while making friends and sacred connections with one another.
DUE TO COVID-19, AT THIS TIME, WE ARE OFFERING VIRTUAL SUNDAY SCHOOL AT 10:00 AM THROUGH ZOOM.
Our Zoom Sunday School class is password protected. Therefore, if you are interested in joining us on Sundays, you must email Laura Roy the Friday before to receive the class link and password. Request to join.
Sunday School, 9:00 AM & 10:30 AM
Our Sunday School operates on three basic principles:
- God loves us unconditionally & nothing can separate us from God’s love
- God holds us in the palm of His hand & He is with us at all times
- By learning about God’s story, we learn the unique role we play in bringing the story to life
Sunday Morning Schedule :
- Infant – Pre-K childcare is offered during both worship services in the Tot Spot from 8:45 – 11:45 a.m. A simple Bible story and project are taught at both hours.
- TK – 2nd grades start in Worship at the 9:00 a.m. service or for the 10:30 a.m. service in the Otterbein room in the Children’s Building.
- 3rd – 5th grades start in Worship at the 9:00 a.m. and then go to class upstairs in the Wesley Center, Room 203. If attending the 10:30 a.m. service they join the TK – 2nd grades in Otterbein.
Interested in connecting with Children and Family Ministries?
Contact Director Laura Roy.
Children’s Music Program-
ON HOLD DUE TO COVID.
Children explore singing, playing musical games, and playing instruments as part of our Children’s Music program. The children’s choir welcomes new members throughout the year.
Our Agape Choir is open to Pre-K – 5th grades. Rehearsals are on Sundays,
10 – 10:30 am, in Judson. We sing one Sunday a month during the 9:00 a.m. service. We also sing on Music Sunday in May and at the All Choir Christmas Concert performed each December. There may be other special occasions that arise throughout the year where our talent is requested.
ON HOLD DUE TO COVID.
Acolytes serve at our 9:00 a.m. service. Acolytes are responsible for bringing the Light of Christ into worship and carrying the Light of Christ back out into the world. They also assist with the offering and occasional baptism. Acolyte training is held every fall and 2nd – 6th graders are eligible. Interested in becoming an Acolyte? Email Director Laura Roy.
Vacation Bible School
We enjoy Vacation Bible School every summer! Stay tuned for more details regarding this year’s offering.
Parent Connection- this looks different due to COVID.
We are currently meeting via Zoom. Check out our events calendar for the most up to date connections.
We offer monthly fellowship gatherings and occasional service events for children and their families throughout the year. Our monthly gathering is Parent Connection. During this gathering, we offer fellowship and fun to families who are in similar seasons of life. Adults gather in Judson and the children enjoy dinner and play in Tot Spot. Sometimes there are lessons, sometimes games, but there is always food and it is always fun! All parents with young children are invited to attend the second Sunday of every month from 4:00 – 6:00 p.m. If you have any allergies or dietary restrictions, please notify Laura Roy.
United Methodist Preschool
Learn more about the United Methodist Preschool, located on our campus.